Congratulations to each of you that have been selected to serve your Lodge in a leadership role. As a leader, the Brethren will now look to you for guidance in setting the direction and providing the vision necessary for their Lodge to be successful and active.
Those that are eligible and encouraged to attend are any Masons that anticipate being installed as a Warden or Senior Deacon of a Lodge in 2017. While the primary focus of the retreat is geared towards Lodge Wardens and Senior Deacons, any Master Mason (including Masters or Past Masters) may attend. The program is designed to lead officers to a greater understanding of their role as a leader in their Lodge and provide them the skills to excel and succeed in that role. A few of the topics to be covered include: Roles and Responsibilities for the Junior Warden and Senior Warden, Degree Ritual, Leadership, Building Membership, New Candidate Education Program, Public Relations, Our Responsibility to the Craft, Lodge Traditions and Landmarks and Installation Planning. A full list of classes offered is enclosed (Click on the link for the 2017-class-flyer). Ladies are encouraged to attend, with special ladies and coed programs designed to help gain additional knowledge about our Fraternity and guidance on how to assist in the successful journey of their Mason in his Lodge officer role.
This is a retreat/workshop and while the training will be intense, the dress code for the Brothers and their Ladies will be business casual. This does, however, exclude shorts and tee shirts. Remember that you are representing your Lodge. Aprons, officer collars, emblems and titles will not be necessary. You will need a pen or pencil, a willingness to listen and share, and an open mind.
Your Grand Lodge is committed to providing Lodges the chance to invest in the advancement of their officers and their future. We ask each Lodge to encourage and support the program by electing to pay or assist in the payment of the registration expenses for the selected members to attend. Partial or supplementary retreat scholarships may be available by request from the Deputy Grand Master. To request a full or partial scholarship, please send an email to email@example.com with “Scholarship Request” in the subject line.
Here is your check list:
- Request that your Lodge invest in the future.
- Tell your Lady that she is invited and encourage her to attend.
- Complete your registration prior to March 1st, 2017 by either mailing in your registration form or registering online via the Grand Lodge Website (freemason-wa.org/news-events/llr/). Registrations postmarked after March 1st will incur a $50 late fee and will only be accepted on a space available basis.
Various Grand Lodge Publications will be available for purchase (Cash/Check Only):
- Washington Masonic Code – $26.00
- Standard Work & Freemason’s Guide with updated Lodge Officers’ Handbook – $16/$20
- Updated Lodge Officers’ Handbook Insert w/tab (no binder included) – $5.00
- New Candidate Education Program – $12.00
- Ciphers (sold as a set of three) – $7.50
We are dedicated to working with each of those attending to assist them in becoming confident and successful leaders in their Lodges.
We look forward to seeing our Brethren and their Ladies there.
RWB Warren R. Schoeben
Deputy Grand Master
March 17th through March 19th, 2017
Red Lion Hotel Pasco
2525 N 20th Ave, Pasco, WA 99301